Saturday, May 4, 2013

Individual Milestone




For this project, we will use the CryEngine3 as the representation tool to show the liveable bathroom how to design and work. In this project, my role is working with the CryEngine3 software and makes the show and operates of the liveable bathroom in the CryEngine3 looks real. For the first weeks, I join in the design process of the bathroom with JingLiu and SiyanLi and provide some ideas to the design. And I research the Australia Standard of the bathroom which as reference used in the design process.
My main work is at the CryEngine3. At the first, I create a small town on an island as the environment in the CryEngine3 which placed 3 houses which have 3 different size bathroom which designed by JingLiu. Then I placed the 3 house on right place which have many components in the small town which export from Sketchup model to CryEngine3 by SiyanLi.

The building models in the red range, road, grass ground and environment was made by ourselves.
The others models was download from Google warehouse.

The models export from Sketchup to CryEngine3, most models will lost their texture. We should edit the texture in Photoshop and replace them in Sketchup and export again.
The building models in the red line range was edit by Siyan Li.
The others was edit by me.





Secondly, for the visualization, I removed the information display at the top right corner of the operation window in the CryEngine3.





Thirdly, I replace some texture in the CryEngine3 which make our project looks worse. When the actor walk in the CryEngine3, there would has some missed texture display on the ground. So I used Photoshop make a 4*4 pixels texture with an alpha channel that is completely black and replaced the missed texture in the CryEngine3.







In addition, there have some problem with the actor size. The actor in game could not walk through some door which fit the Australia Standard, such as the door of the shower room. I change the size of the game actor which make it could walk through the doors.
Next step, I am doing some research about the edit of materials in the CryEngine3. I want to make the materials of the bathroom looks realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment